One of my daughters asked if I could solicit and compile recipes from all of you out there who read my blog. The criterion for the recipes that she needs is a common one: food that can be eaten off of a plate off of a lap. She’s hosting a book club dinner and wants no knives, no trays, and no problems. We’ve all hosted these events…baby showers, Super Bowl parties, and salons.
I look forward to your suggestions!
Here are some of my ideas…
- coconut shrimp with the tails on (serving as handles)
- chicken, beef, or pork satays on a wooden skewer (My sister has a great recipe. Let me know if you want it.)
- quiches baked in muffin tins or ramekins
- potatoes au gratin baked in muffin tins or ramekins
- shrimp or chicken creamy fillings in puff pastry cups
- curry chicken salad on mini-crescent rolls
- pulled pork on small bakery buns
- sliders on small bakery buns
- gumbo or jambalaya
I’ll keep thinking!